Saturday 22 September 2012

Decisions+ First Salad of Spring

I've spent a long time in the last week thinking this through, and I've finally decided what to do with this space.

(this is a set of guidelines for myself, so 'scuse the weird wording, they're addressed at me.)

1. This is a food blog. It will always be, first and foremost, a food blog. Try for about 75% food/ 25% other.

2. Blogging is a form of written expression, so words matter. Pay them more attention, make them as important as the content.

3. When it's not words, it's photographs. More photos, better photos. Just like words, they're as important as the content. Sometimes more. Let them speak for themselves.

4. Keep it real. Not looking through rose-tinted glasses nor simply whinging about life. A balance.

5. Etc. Make that other 25% just as good, just as important as the rest. Music, random musings, photo posts, design. Anything worth talking about.

6. Keep it relevant. Not weeks, months after the fact; when it happens.

7. Quality over quantity. Post when you've got something to say, when you've got the time to say it well.

............................................................................................................................................

Also, I've got food.



I love salad, I really do, but it's somehow not right in winter. I'm the same with ice cream. I love my ice cream and all, but I just don't understand the point of eating it in winter.

But it's not winter anymore is it? I have to keep reminding myself that!

This was the first salad of spring. It was just a made up whatever's-in-the-pantry salad, but boy! was it good. It's made me look forward to all the salads I'm going to be having over this summer so, so much!

Oh, and I'm on holidays!!

I don't think I've ever looked forward to a term break so much in my life, and I intend to make the most of it! Expect to hear from me a LOT more (not that that's saying much :) )



First Salad of Spring (aka. Avocado, Beetroot, Potato and Macadamia salad)

2 Avocados, peeled and chopped
1 Raw Beetroot, grated
3 Small potatoes, boiled, cooled and chopped
A handful of Macadamia nuts, chopped
1/2-1 cos lettuce (depending on your preference), washed and chopped
Juice of a lemon
Olive oil, in the same quantity as the lemon juice

Mix all ingredients  except the oil and lemon juice together. Put the oil and lemon in a jar, and shake until well combined. Pour over salad.  Serves 4


Enjoy whilst planning all your summer fun (or reminiscing over it if your in the Northern Hemisphere)! ............................................................................................................................................

Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why hello there! If you liked or disliked this post or just want to say 'hi', feel free to leave a comment. I love getting comments- it's nice to know that someone out there is actually reading what I have to say, and they're really motivating!
Mia xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...