Friday 6 April 2012

Madelines

Birthdays are always so fun, and even though it was a week ago I'm still enjoying it!


For my birthday, I got a beautiful red electric mixer, a madeline tin, a beautiful cookbook of little sweet things and (gasp!) an overlocker!


How exciting! There'll be more about the overlocker later, but today I'm going to focus on the other three.




I absolutely had to make madelines, and what do you know, the book had a recipe! Plus, you needed an electric mixer!






I got to try out all my beautiful new things at once!


And gosh, those madelines were AMAZING! Warm out of the oven, with a cup of tea- they were bliss! I think a batch of these might just need to become a saturday morning tradition round here!


They were SO easy, and the recipe fit my pan exactly. The lemon was really yummy too.


Don't you just love when you try something out for the first time, and it's a success?


So if you've got a madeline tin, I'd highly recommend whipping up a bach of these nect time you've got half an hour to spare.


And they'd make a pretty impressive treat if you've got friends popping in for coffee don't you think?






Lemon Madelines
Based on: 'Womens Weekly; Sweet'


Makes 12


Ingredients
2 eggs
2 tbsp caster sugar
2 tbsp icing sugar
2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
1/4 cup (35g) self raising flour
1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
75g unsalted butter, melted
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp icing sugar


1. Preheat the oven to 200˚C. Grease 12 hole (1 1/2 tablespoon/30ml) madeline tin.
2. Beat eggs, caster sugar, sifted icing sugar and rind in a small bowl with electric mixer until pale and thick.
3. Meanwhile, triple sift flours; sift flour over egg mixture. Pour butter and juice down the side then fold ingredients together.
4. Drop rounded tablespoons of mixture into each hole of the tin. Bake about 10 minutes. Tap hot tin firmly on the bench to release madelines onto a wire rack to cool.






Thanks for all the amazing presents everyone!


Mia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why hello there! If you liked or disliked this post or just want to say 'hi', feel free to leave a comment. I love getting comments- it's nice to know that someone out there is actually reading what I have to say, and they're really motivating!
Mia xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...