Tuesday 28 February 2012

Life Recently... (I'm Ba-aack!)

Hey! Long time no see!


Okay, well I never really see you, but you know what I mean. Don't you?


So yes, I may have posted once in the last ummmm.... week and a half, but I'm ba-aack now!


No more assesments... (well not until Thursday anyway :) ) and no more weekends away either!


So I thought I'd share some of the stuff I've been getting up to in my break this week- why not?


First up: (drum roll) Writing a picture Book


Yep! Sounds like fun, doesn't it? Well yes...


and no!


The whole 2 week English assignment being done at 1 in the morning sort of took away from the experience....


The theme was 'Cultural Perspective' so I wrote about a little girl discovering what it means to be Australian.






She's a little cutie, isn't she! Hear are a few of my favourite pages:




(Yes, I'm well aware of the error. Many an hour was spent banging my head over that one. It was an ENGLISH assessment! Oh, well!







The people and backgrounds were done on paper with water colour, and then scanned in and converted to PNGs on photoshop. Then the text was done (also on photoshop) and it was all put together in pages.


So all in all, a pretty fun assessment, but possibly giving us about 4 times as long may have been more appropriate...


just saying!


What have you gotten up to this past week?


Mia xx


PS. This blog turned 1 month old yesterday. How exciting! I'll do a February round-up sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why hello there! If you liked or disliked this post or just want to say 'hi', feel free to leave a comment. I love getting comments- it's nice to know that someone out there is actually reading what I have to say, and they're really motivating!
Mia xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...