Thursday 10 January 2013

Plum & Banana Milkshake

Summer holidays mean lots of things- lazy sleep ins, relaxed days and no work, just to name a few. But for me, one of the biggest things I love about school holidays is eating whatever meal I want, whatever time of the day. If I want to have breakfast at noon, lunch at 4, dinner at 7 and a midnight snack at 11, then so be it! And because of this, I tend to choose lighter breakfasts- muesli or fruit salad or smoothies, for example.

I'm a huge fan of smoothies for breakfast, but for whatever reason I've just never considered putting milk in them. I mean, I'm not oblivious to milkshakes at all, but I just never make them. So today, when I finally woke at 10:45, I decided to depart from my normal oatey green weird smoothies and make something just a little more traditional, and given all the plums I've got to use up, it was only natural to make it plum flavoured.



The plum is really nice in the milkshake, a little bit tart but still nice and sweet and it actually tastes surprisingly unique; so when paired with the creaminess of the banana and the smooth milk, this smoothie is a match made in heaven. And nutritionally it isn't bad either! High levels of vitamin A in the plums, Potassium, fiber and vitamin B6 in the bananas and (obviously) calcium in the milk make this a great way to start the day, holidays or not!

Plum and Banana Milkshake


2 plums, halved with stones removed
1 banana, peeled (frozen if possible)
1/2 cup milk

Blitz in a blender and enjoy! Serves 1

Mia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why hello there! If you liked or disliked this post or just want to say 'hi', feel free to leave a comment. I love getting comments- it's nice to know that someone out there is actually reading what I have to say, and they're really motivating!
Mia xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...