Friday 13 April 2012

Kate Miller-Heidke


One thing I haven't previously mentioned here I think is my taste in music.

This is most likely because… well… it's pretty boring!

It's not like I don't like music, but my taste is pretty boring and mainstream. Some of it's more interesting and alternative but mostly not.

Well now I've sold you my taste in music so well (NOT!) I'm going to tell you why today is such a special day.

Kate Miller-Heidke's third album (not including 2 EPs and a side project) came out today!!!!!!! Yay!! 



It's called Nightflight and apart from the aforementioned side project, it's her first release since 2008! It's absolutely fantastic too! A lot sadder than her previous album, but beautiful and emotionally moving. We had goosebumps!

We already new quite a few of the songs, having been to her concert last month. It was at the opera house and we all loved it!

We've been following her since about 2008, when I distinctly remember getting her first album (little eve) from the library and seeing the song called 'Ducks don't need Satellites'. From that moment onwards I was in love!

Mum and Dad went to a concert in 2008 or 2009, but it was at an 18+ venue so Eva and I were heartbroken. Since then we've been waiting and waiting for our chance to go see her live and then out of the blue Mum gave us all tickets for christmas!



She was even better live- her voice is just incredible- and her back-up singer and husband Keir Nuttal (guitarist and back-up singer as well) were also fantastic, which you don't usually realise!

I, being the geek I am, wore my concert t-shirt with the album cover on it to get the album.



Sadly, I don't think anyone noticed!

It was #2 in the CD stores top 40 and I think it's #1 on itunes today!

As you can see, I'm very, very excited! Thanks for letting me share his little bit of my life with you!

Mia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why hello there! If you liked or disliked this post or just want to say 'hi', feel free to leave a comment. I love getting comments- it's nice to know that someone out there is actually reading what I have to say, and they're really motivating!
Mia xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...