Tuesday 27 March 2012

Peach and Cardamon Slice



Recently I've taken a break from blogging.

Not a planned break, admittedly, but a break all the same.

You see, I'm in the school play this week.

And the week before the school play is quite a busy week.

And so I'd like to think I've had no time to blog….

But, truth is, I probably could have found time. I could have used all those little gaps in my days and free evenings and written 10 blog posts if I'd really tried.

But I didn't.

Because I'm lazy.

Well, it's good to get out there!

In other news, this week is pretty exciting!

Do you know why??

…….

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!

Yep, I'm pretty excited about it!

Like, it only happens once a year, so you might as well make the most of it.

Plus, birthdays mean cake!

And anything that involves cake is obviously pretty amazing.

This post doesn't involve cake though.

Don't be disappointed though, because it involves slice which is *almost* as good as cake.



And I'll post about my birthday cake later in the week. I promise!

The slice in this post isn't your average slice though. It's peach and cardamon slice!

Not quite a classic combination, but it should be.

Then again, what doesn't cardamon go with?





Notice the peach theme recently? We've got heaps from our fruit co-op and they're just getting too soft for eating.

All the better for cooking with!

Oh, and don't be weirded out by the yogurt.

It's delicious!

Peach and Cardamon Slice


Ingredients
  • 200g unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 215g (1 cup) caster sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3 eggs, at room temperature
  • 225g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp ground cardamon
  • 250ml (1 cup) Greek-style natural yoghurt
  • 2 (about 250g) peaches, halved, stones removed, thinly sliced

  1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line the base and 2 long sides of a 20 x 30cm slice pan with non-stick baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
  2. Use an electric beater to beat the butter, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
  3. Sift the flour, baking powder and cardamon into a bowl. Fold the flour mixture, alternately with the yoghurt, into the egg mixture until combined. Stir in two-thirds of the peach.
  4. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Arrange the remaining peach on top and press down slightly. Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until light golden and a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
  5. Set aside in pan for 5 minutes to cool then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with icing sugar. Cut into pieces.
Mia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why hello there! If you liked or disliked this post or just want to say 'hi', feel free to leave a comment. I love getting comments- it's nice to know that someone out there is actually reading what I have to say, and they're really motivating!
Mia xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...