Sunday 17 June 2012

Winter in the air


I haven't blogged for almost a mo.... far too long.

Everywhere I've ever read has said not to apologise for big gaps like these... but I feel like I really should. So I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I haven't blogged, that I've baked and never posted so many things, that I've let myself forget the simple joy of blogging and that this little place has been so damn quiet lately.

Sometimes it just all starts too feel like too much, and it's easier to give up than to keep struggling through. And sometimes, those breaks, those times that you gave up are good for you, because they help you realise why you were doing all those things in the first place. And I think that this break has been good in it's own way, because I've felt myself miss blogging. Yearn to bake, to photograph, to write. And that's given me all the more motivation to get back into it.

There's still a {busy} week of school to go before the winter holidays, so I'm going to start slowly, but I'm ever so excited to think about all the things I'll have time to do in the holidays. So bare with me!

I feel like I left this blog in Autumn and am coming back in Winter {which I did, so it isn't really all that surprising!} The days are so short now, and the mornings so cold. I'm watching all my favourite American bloggers loving Summer, wearing shorts and eating ice cream, and yearning to be able to myself.

But don't let me fool you, I do like winter. I love the soup and the open fires and the porridge and the hot chocolates and the fact it's suddenly acceptable to go out in public wearing slippers and tracksuit pants. So I'm going to focus on these things for a while.

I've started a pinterest board for soups and another for breakfasts to keep me feeling inspired, and I can't wait to share!

What is your favourite season? Why?

Mia :)



3 comments:

  1. Hi Mia,

    Found you on the blog hop just now! I am following you on Pinterest....it is so darn addicting no? My favorite season is summer, mainly because I like to wear shorts and dresses. Have a good evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Mia- Found you through the blog hop. Happy to be your newest follower. It was a bit strange coming on here and reading about your start to winter when I am preparing a Start to summer giveaway post for Thursday. SO crazy cool that this blog world connects us from so far away.
    So my favorite season is Fall. I love how the trees change colors here in Seattle, and how the sun is out still usually but the air starts getting cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thanks for stopping by :) Raquel, I know what you mean about pinterest, I have to be careful or I'll end up getting nothing else done! And No(dot dot)el, the way that the blogging world unites people from here, there and everywhere is great, isn't it? Though I am a wee bit jealous of everyone posting beautiful summery things :)

    ReplyDelete

Why hello there! If you liked or disliked this post or just want to say 'hi', feel free to leave a comment. I love getting comments- it's nice to know that someone out there is actually reading what I have to say, and they're really motivating!
Mia xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...